1. What gets you up in the morning? First, the thought of drinking juice or coffee in the sun. Second, wanting to play the game of life. But more than anything, being with the people that I love is my biggest motivation.
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? There are no problems– only solutions. I try to keep myself surrounded by positive people to help keep an optimistic outlook on things.
3. Your biggest virtue? I like taking care of others–it makes me feel good to give and find ways I can be of service to the people around me.
4. Your biggest vice? Dark chocolate every night.
5. Do you have a party trick? Yeah, I’m always the first person dancing at a party and I like to dance weird which gets everyone else to loosen up.
6. How would you describe your style? Fun. Colorful. Nostalgic. Not committed to any one decade.
7. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Being outdoors and physically active from morning to night–away from a computer. Riding my bike, swimming in the sea, building something with friends, and coming back home sweaty, sandy, exhausted, and satisfied.
8. Knowing what you know today, what advice would you give your younger self? Trust your inner voice. Follow it. Not everyone needs to like you. Have the courage to fail. Be persistent. Practice the things you love to do with discipline so you can become a master at your craft.
9. What would your very last meal entail? Spaghetti bolognese.
10. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Jane Fonda, John Lennon, Moses.
11. If you were a song, which one would you be? That’s a weird one to answer about myself. Hmmm… “Nothing Compares To You”. Sinead O’conner’s version. Just because it gives me the chills every time I hear it.
12. If a movie were made about you, who would play you? Keira Knightley. ‘Cause she already played me in Begin Again. At least I thought so when I saw it.
13. Turn ons? I love when someone has integrity and is super organized.
14. Turn offs? Clutter and bad attitudes.
15. Your spirit animal? A hawk
16. Your favorite flower? Water lily’s in their own environment. And anemones. Red Anemones.
17. Tell us a secret. I have stage fright and I have to get over it every time I play live.
18. Your favorite quote? Here’s one that makes me feel good about myself as an artists lately: “The world doesn’t need more ‘successful people’. The world desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds.” ~ Dalai Lama
19. What is your current state of mind? Unpredictable.
20. An embarrassing moment? I don’t get embarrassed easily. But I would say forgetting the lyrics to my own song on stage.
21. Your proudest moment? Staying strong and optimistic in the face of defeat.