We have such a huge crush on Luke Cosgrove and we know you will too. The 22-year-old Australian newcomer stars as ‘Jay’ in the Spike series “THE MIST,” based on the novella by Stephen King, executive produced by Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein, David Glasser and Christian Torpe. Luke’s character is the sheriff’s son; handsome, arrogant, confident, and a star quarterback who is later accused of a heinous crime.
Cosgrove was born in Nambour, Queensland and raised on the Sunshine Coast, spending much of his time in the ocean surfing. He started acting at the age of 11 and in his late teens, moved to Brisbane to pursue his passion professionally, where he starred in several short independent Australian productions. We got the chance to sit down and ask Luke some of our favorite questions.
1.What gets you up in the morning? Coffee. If there’s no coffee in the house, it’s a real struggle.
2. Your biggest virtue? I’m a huge advocate for helping other people if I can, especially other aspiring actors. It really is an obscure path and if I can give any help I will. I love animals too so hopefully one day I can start my own foundation to help them.
3. Your biggest vice? I’m pretty bad with impulsive buying. If I see something I like, I’ll want to buy it. Not much thought goes into it. I’m not sure if that’s really a vice though
4. Do you have a party trick? I like to think I can do a Christopher Walken impression but I’m not really sure how good it is. I can wolf whistle really loudly without any hands.. is that a party trick?
5. How would you describe your style? I guess maybe vintage/ grungy. Some girl yelled at me out the side of her car the other day “Why do you look so urban? OMG you’re so urban!” so apparently not. You’ll usually find me in ripped jeans and/ or denim jacket.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Wake up. Coffee. Go surf some of the best waves imaginable. Coffee. Go to set to film a really cool movie for like 6 hours. Coffee. Eat a home cooked dinner made by mum. Watch a movie. Bed.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Chicken pesto pasta with just a ton of cheese.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? James Dean, Heath Ledger and River Phoenix. I wouldn’t say anything, I’d just let them talk.
9. Turn ons? Down to Earth. Smart. Driven. Passionate. Sense of Humor. Not afraid to eat junk food.
10. Turn offs? Arrogance. Complaining. Dependence.
11. Tell us a secret. I’m a sucker for a good romance movie.
12. Your favorite quote? “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anyone thinks. Do what you have to do, for you” Johnny Depp
13. An embarrassing moment? Ripping my pants on a class trip to the circus when I was about 10 years old. I forgot to wear underwear that day too. It was literally every kid’s worst nightmare come to life.
14. Your proudest moment? The day I found out I was playing ‘Jay’ on the show. Getting to tell my parents was the best part of that day.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on?. Can’t say too much at this point.. but I have a few things in the pipeline.