We first noticed this multi-talented beauty, Kara Royster, on MTVs “Faking It” and have followed her career as she has stared as Yvonne in Freeform’s “Pretty Little Liar”, Abby in Disney’s “K.C. Undercover” (opposite Zendaya), and Alicia as in CW’s “Supernatural”.
So, when we heard she was joining the cast of Freeform’s “the Fosters” we couldn’t wait to sit down with her and chat about her role as Dawn, a flirtatious and athletic student who causes some jealousy between Callie (Maia Mitchell) and AJ (Tom Williamson).
Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Work, I’m kind of a workaholic. I’m so satisfied by crossing something off my to-do list. Also coffee always helps.
2. Your biggest virtue? I always like to make sure everyone is included, I’m a big believer in the notion of the more the merrier. I love playing ice breaker games and having conversations that gets everyone involved.
3. Your biggest vice? Reality T.V, anything from the Real Housewives franchise.
4. Do you have a party trick? I can solve a Rubik’s cube in about 2 minutes, I can also fold my tongue in the shape of a four leaf clover.
5. How would you describe your style? I’d describe my style as girly with an edge. I like tough looks in feminine fabrics, I can’t resist lace and leather.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Going to work extra early, getting off work ,then being in pjs hanging out with friends watching Netflix’s.
7. What would your very last meal entail? Chick-fil-A nuggets and fries.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? I’d invite Alice from Alice in Wonderland, Michelle Obama and Jaclyn Hill.
9. Turn ons? Honesty and a good sense of humor
10. Turn offs? Smoking and someone lacking ambition
11. Tell us a secret. I use to be a mime. In middle school I used to go to competitions and even won a superior rating.
12. Your favorite quote? Less isn’t more, more is more.
13. An embarrassing moment? It kind of takes a lot to embarrass me. However, once in high school I was waving at my crush and I missed the last step and totally wiped out! He came to help me and I tried getting back up like it was fine but I totally sprained my ankle. It worked out though he ate lunch with me and walked me to class after haha.
14. Your proudest moment? The first time I was able to take my family out to a nice dinner. I love being able to spoil them!
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Yes, I am working on “The Foster’s” on Freeform. I play Dawn, a flirtatious and athletic student who causes some jealousy between Callie (Maia Mitchell) and AJ (Tom Williamson).