We’ve been obsessed with Luke Baines since we saw his mind-blowing performance as a twisted killer in Wes Craven’s final film, “The Girl In The Photographs”. Baines was born in Manchester, England but raised in Australia, and currently lives in Los Angeles. So we tracked him down over the holiday break to chat about everything going on in his world, and to find out about his upcoming projects. Check it out.
1.What gets you up in the morning? The prospect that after breakfast, there will be chocolate.
2. Your biggest virtue? Loyalty.
3. Your biggest vice? Emotionally unstable women… gotta collect ‘em all.
4. Do you have a party trick? Yes.
5. How would you describe your style? Prep school runaway who joined a punk band.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A day on set, followed by a night with the people I love.
7. What would your very last meal entail? All of the drugs.
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Brad, Angelina and Jen. It’s time for the red wine truth serum to settle old wounds.
9. Turn ons? Intelligence, humor, compassion… wrapped up in a good butt.
10. Turn offs? Ignorance, arrogance, bigotry.
11. Tell us a secret. I once made myself throw up in the middle of the street to prove a point.
12. Your favorite quote? “I am human, therefore nothing human is alien to me.” – Terence
13. An embarrassing moment? Almost drowning in the surf at 13 and being saved by a supermodel.
14. Your proudest moment? Almost drowning in the surf at 13 and being saved by a supermodel.
15. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I’m currently shooting a film called Under The Silver Lake by David Robert Mitchell. It’s a really interesting crime noir thriller, with one of the best scripts I’ve read. I also have another film coming out called Fright Fest, where I play a mental patient… because, crazy eyes.