We caught up with friend, Bella Harris, to see what she has been up to lately and chat about being a supermodel while juggling her life as a supermodel. Bella, 17, is daughter of the brilliant producer Jimmy Jam, with a portfolio that includes iconic performers like Janet Jackson and Usher, but Bella is pretty awesome in her own right.
In the spirit of high school we broke out our POP Quiz to get the 411 on all things Bella. Check it out.
1. What gets you up in the morning? I love being on time so I try to get a head start on my day. Especially on the days that I have photo shoots and work, I like to wake up early so I don’t look sleepy when I’m shooting.
I have been on this new Keto diet and a new workout program. I love getting up to check my results on the scale. It gets me going every morning.
2. Your biggest virtue? I give people my word and I am very loyal. Even in a business that doesn’t always give that in return, I still stay true to myself and find the good in everyone.
3. Your biggest vice? Probably being on some sort of social media more than I should.
4. Do you have a party trick? I do a lot of snapchat takeovers for magazines at really good parties, award shows and events. That’s usually a good conversation starter. I’m not shy about getting great pics and selfies with the coolest people for business or pleasure.
5. How do you describe your style? I am more of a tomboy with a girly twist. For instance, I love wearing little dresses with a bomber jacket or a leather jacket and a pair of cute sneakers or boots. I also love dressing up jeans and a t-shirt with a statement jacket and a badass pair of heels.
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A perfect day for me would probably be a day spent adventuring with my friends. I love going to the beach or going to little vintage stores to find cute and intricate pieces to add to my wardrobe.
7. What would your very last meal entail? My last meal on earth? I would have to say truffle butter pasta with chicken, lots of parmesan cheese and more shaved truffles on top!
8. Three people – dead or alive, real or fictional – that you’d like to invite to dinner? Rihanna would definitely have to be there along with former President Barack Obama and Neil de Grasse Tyson.
9. Turn ons? Someone smart, ambitious, talented & funny.
10. Turn offs? Someone rude or boring. Also bad breath & bad hygiene are turn offs.
11. Tell us a secret? I don’t keep secrets, I keep people out of my business.
12. Your favorite quote? “Do not exchange your dignity for popularity”
13. Your proudest moment? My proudest moment would probably have to be when I walked in three runway shows at New York Fashion week for the first time last September. I was definitely one of the youngest (16) models in each show and I felt very accomplished. It was a dream come true.
14. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I recently shot a cool collaboration project with Nike and Teen Vogue. It was for the launch of the Nike Cortez shoe. I have new stuff with them in the works & I am excited to share it soon.
I have a cute new beauty project coming soon with Clinique cosmetics, it was shot by Davis Factor. I also just shot a little something with models.com that I am excited about. I start my busy Senior year in High School in the Fall. That will obviously take a lot of my time. I have been visiting colleges recently and I am excited to get back to school and make my decision as to where I will be going to college next year!