South Carolina native Madison Iseman is definitely one-to-watch. The 19 years old starlet has already built an impressive career landing some notable roles on the ABC hit comedy Modern Family and Nickelodeon’s Henry Danger, but it’s her latest role in the CMT comedy series “Still the King” that is gaining tons of buzz.
Madison stars opposite Billy Ray Cyrus in this breakthrough comedy about a washed-up, one-hit-wonder who was kicked out of country music, only to emerge 20 years later as an Elvis impersonator when he finds out he has a 15-year-old daughter (Iseman) he’s never met.
We caught up with the actress to find out more about her new series and life as the new It-Girl in Hollywood.
1. What gets you up in the morning? Definitely my cat. If he doesn’t get fed by 7:30, he gets a bit cranky. BUT if we’re figuratively speaking, definitely the love for what I do. The fact that I can wake up every morning living my dream is enough for me.
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? As cliche as it sounds, “live every day like it’s your last”. Life is just too short to let it pass by.
3. Your biggest virtue? Probably passion. I’m very passionate about just about everything. From my career to relationships, family, movies, books I read, the list is endless.
4. Your biggest vice? Definitely jealousy. I fall into the trap like so many others do. I get jealous very easily for no reason other than my own insecurity. But hey, I’m only human!
5. Do you have a party trick? I can lick my elbow… that’s probably the weirdest thing about me too. One Christmas my cousin played a joke on my brother and I saying, “only one in a million people can lick their elbow!” Falling for the joke, we accepted the challenge, and I could actually do it!
6. How would you describe your style? Pretty laid back. I feel like its constantly changing. I’m happiest in jeans and a plain oversized t-shirt.
7. What would constitute a perfect day for you? A day by the beach with an all-you-can-eat buffet with everyone I love.
8. What would your very last meal entail? That’s a tough one, I love all kinds of food. But, if I had to pick, it would probably be a nice filet mignon with french fries and a milkshake…. or pizza.
9. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon, Emilia Clarke.
10. If you were a song, which one would you be? Maybe IDK by Jon Bellion.
11. If a song were made about you, what would it be? Not really sure about that one hahaha, probably something with a weird combination of ukulele and rock n roll.
12. Turn ons? Smells nice, sense of humor, and super passionate.
13. Turn offs? Ego, bad hygiene, and unnecessary hatred towards cats. (I love cats)
14. Tell us a secret. Hmmmmm… I shave my feet/toes. Not really sure why!
15. Your favorite quote? “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
16. What is your current state of mind? Life keeps throwing things at me, and there’s been so many tragic things happening in the world lately. But, for now I’m just trying to look on the bright side of things, make change in the world, and love everyone a little more each day.
17. An embarrassing moment? I pass out when I experience pain, which happens more than I would like. The other day I stubbed my toe (which is some of the worst pain as I’m sure many would agree with me), and I passed out in public. It caused quite the scene. Its one thing to trip in public, but being unconscious for about five seconds is a different story.
18. Your proudest moment? I’ve had so many moments I could be proud about, but out of all of them I’d have to say my proudest moment is seeing my brother jump out of his comfort zone and move to New York. Nothing makes me happier than to see my loved ones do amazing things. I’m so proud to be his sister.
19. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? I can’t say anything too much right now!! But expect some announcements towards the end of the summer!
20. What would be your dream acting role? I never know how to answer this question. There are so many roles I want to play. I would love to play something dangerous and out of my comfort zone. I’m not sure what exactly that would be, but something a little more challenging.