Lust for Life’s Olivia Lopez has been killing it with her street style looks and inspiration, since launching her blog in 2006. Find out what inspires her in our latest round of 21 questions.
1. What gets you up in the morning? The sunlight pouring in through the windows in my loft.
2. What’s your personal life philosophy? All great opportunities stem from serendipity and a little bit of off roading. Don’t be afraid to explore your interests even if it sometimes strays you away from a set vision or path.
3. Your biggest virtue? I always keep my word!
4. Your biggest vice? Late nights that turn into early mornings.
5. Do you have a party trick? Re-enacting Dirty Dancing when “Time of My Life” comes on at a bar, restaurant, hotel lobby…anywhere really.
6. How would you describe your style? Timeless and versatile
7. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Spending a day exploring a new city capped with long dinners with friends.
8. Knowing what you know today, what advice would you give your younger self? You should gone to Saturday morning French school!
9. What would your very last meal entail? Truffle pasta from Terroni and a side of spicy chicken wings.
10. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Wes Anderson, Ray Eames and Amy Schumer.
11. If you were a song, which one would you be? Loud Places by Jamie XX.
12. If a movie were made about you, who would play you? Rooney Mara – not because we look alike, but because I love the way she plays complex female roles.
13. Turn ons? Confidence, creativity, and a sense of humor.
14. Turn offs? Name dropping
15. Your spirit animal? Shiba Inu.
16. Your favorite flower? White peonies.
17. Tell us a secret. The key to looking taller in photos is to have your photographer shoot you at the lowest possible angle.
18. Your favorite quote? “What we seek, at the deepest level, is inwardly to resemble, rather than physically to possess, the objects and places that touch us through their beauty.” -Alain de Botton
19. What is your current state of mind? Always in the sky or sea.
20. An embarrassing moment? Playfully slapping a friend from behind only to realize it was a complete stranger.
21. Your proudest moment? Getting interviewed for the Wall Street Journal.