We met up with one of our favorite new artists, Molly Moore, to chat about the release of her new single “Indigo”, off her forthcoming second EP “Now You See Me”, out on November 8th.
The LA-based soulful alt-pop singer has penned tracks for artists like Felix Cartal, DubVision, Dyro, Vicetone & Lost Kings, making a name for herself in the electronic music scene. These creative partnerships helped drive Molly’s debut EP “Shadow of the Sun” into heavy-rotation on dance charts opening her work up to whole new audience.
Check out our chat with Molly and pre-order her new EP “Now You See Me” here.
1. What gets you up in the morning? God.
2. Your biggest virtue? Hope & positive thinking
3. Your biggest vice? MJ
4. Do you have a party trick? Seeing as I had to google “what’s a party trick”, I don’t think I have one :)
5. How would you describe your style? Dark, “hipster or homeless?” chic
6. What would constitute a perfect day for you? Making music outside on a beach somewhere (you said perfect, not logical ;) ) … and being with loved ones
7. What would your very last meal entail? Many spicy crunchy tuna avocado rolls
8. Three people—dead or alive, real or fictional—that you’d like to invite to dinner? Ellen Page, Paul Simon, Rumi
9. Turn ons? Enlightened conscious people that want to make a difference.
10. Turn offs? People that don’t like Stranger Things.
11. Tell us a secret. I have a very serious addiction to seltzer water… And sour pickles.
12. Your favorite quote? “What you seek is seeking you” & the serenity prayer.
13. An embarrassing moment? When I was 10, I shaved half my eyebrow off with a razor accidentally
14. Your proudest moment? The moment I started being able to support myself from my independent music.
15. Tell us about your new track “Indigo”. This song was inspired by the concept of Indigo Children (i.e.: children who are believed to possess special, unusual, and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities. They are sometimes also referred to as crystal children or star children.) A lot of times, these children are wrongly diagnosed as having learning disabilities. This concept struck home for me as I feel this happens more often than not, to children & adults alike, & in many different ways. I identify with Indigo children and I think it’s a topic that definitely deserves attention.”
16. Your second EP “Now You See Me” is lyrically uninhibited. What was it like working on this new project. I wrote this EP as an unfiltered look into my journey of self. It’s very close to my heart, a lot of the words were written as stream of consciousness.
17. Could you tell us more about some of the projects you are working on? Not only is my 2nd EP dropping in 1 week… But I’m also working on the first EP for my project with Brandyn Burnette called Cosmos & Creature. It’s a little more upbeat, progressive pop. Our first single “Young” is out now. I also have many collaborations in the works :)